jeudi, mai 18, 2006

On Looking Young. . .

A couple weeks ago, I went hiking with the hiking club. I was chatting with this man who recently moved here from Hong Kong and is retiring. His wife and kid has been here for several years while he worked in Hong Kong. He asked how long i've been here and I told him my family came here when I was five.

"Wow, that's a long time - over ten years ago?"
"Over 20."

He was so surprised because he thought that I was a teenager!
I have to prove myself to people often in my life. My ethnic background, my nationality, my age, my abilities and the stereotypes that come with all that. How does one look and act what one is? What I be. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I don't know if you get an email when someone comments on your blog, but I hope you do.

I see your blog has been pretty much abandoned since 2006.
I really like the "starcatcher.blogspot.com" url, and if you're done with it I was wondering if you could cancel/change yours and if I could use it.

Please let me know!
Thanks,
Renee

(If it makes you feel any more connected to me and generous, I live really close to Vancouver - in the Seattle area.)

8:38 a.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home